We make a daily Insurance Charge of $30.00 but we give you one hours free rental of our removal van (fuel included) and a mileage allowance of 10 kilometres for every $30 of monthly rental of the storage unit you are moving into. For example if you rented a $120 a month unit from us you would get 4 hours free use of the van and you could cover 40 kilometres in it.
The Insurance Charge of $30.00 will be the minimum charge payable. Any excess hours usage and excess distance charges will be payable in addition to the Insurance Charge.
We ask you to sign a Truck Rental Agreement and the full terms of that agreement are listed below.
Truck Rental Agreement
Conditions of Hire
1. The truck is available for hire to customers of Downtown Self Storage Porirua Ltd (hereinafter referred to as DSS) of 2 Prosser Street, Porirua for moving their goods in and out of storage only.
2. The truck may be driven by only one driver who must be the hirer or a nominated associate.
3. The driver must be 21 years of age or older and hold a current and valid drivers licence. The driver must not load the vehicle to more than a total weight of 3.5 tonnes unless he or she holds a heavy truck licence and the details of this licence are listed on this agreement.
4. The truck must be returned to the DSS facility by 5.00pm on weekdays, 3.30pm on a Saturday or 1.30pm on a Sunday or Public Holiday. It is not available for overnight hire.
5. Hirers moving into a unit in the DSS facility will be given an allowance against the cost of truck hire up to the value of one months rental of the unit they are renting at DSS.
6. The rental charge is $30 per hour. There is a free distance allowance of 10kms per hour. Excess distance is charged at 50 cents per kilometre. There is an Insurance Charge of $30 a day.
7. The allowance available to incoming customers of DSS as detailed in Clause 5 above is for offsetting truck hire only. The Insurance and Excess Distance charges must be paid.
8. All changes detailed in this agreement include GST.
9. Responsibility for all liabilities under this agreement rests with the hirer rather than the driver if they are not the same person.
10. The hirer must leave a deposit equal to their first months unit rental (if an incoming customer of DSS) or a deposit equal to the likely truck rental (if an outgoing DSS customer) before commencing the truck hire.
INSURANCE EXCESS IS $500 or $1,100 IF THE DRIVER IS UNDER 25 YEARS OF AGE.